Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 20, 1993 - Eddie & the Otters at The Decade

This was the last time we played at The Decade. It was opening night of their 20th anniversary celebration that also saw reunions of Diamond Reo, the Silencers, and probably the Iron City Houserockers. The occasion was documented with commemorative T-shirts and posters that listed all of the national acts and some of the significant local acts that played there. Eddie & the Otters were listed. The Hell Band was not.

Unfortunately, there was no advertising for the show until AFTER we had already played, so attendance was sparse to the say the least. In fact, Dom wasn't even there - at the last minute someone got him tickets to the Phillies - Blue Jays World Series game in Philadelphia that night, so he blew us off.

We played three sets for the few faithful that night, as noted:

1st set

1) Pipeline
2) I Saw Her Standing There
3) Get Off My Cloud
4) Love Me Two Times
5) Summertime Blues
6) Secret Agent Man
7) Mystery Dance
8) I Fought the Law
9) Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby
10) Brown-Eyed Girl
11) Riot in Cell Block #9
12) Shakin' All Over
13) Hippy Hippy Shake
14) Slow Down

2nd set

1) drum solo
2) So You Want to Be a Rock & Roll Star
3) Feel a Whole Lot Better
4) Little Girl
5) Tossin' & Turnin'
6) Roll Over Beethoven
7) Good Lovin'
8) I Think We're Alone Now
9) Fire
10) You Really Got Me
11) Grand Larceny
12) Angel Baby
13) Paint It Black
14) Day Tripper

3rd set

1) Tales of Brave Ulysses
2) Break on Through
3) Rock & Roll Music
4) Shama Lama Ding Dong
5) Gloria/drum solo/Rockin' in the Free World
6) Runaway
7) I Knew the Bride
8) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
9) Red Hot
10) We Gotta Get Out of This Place

"Day Tripper" may or may not have been the last song of the 2nd set - it's the last song on the board tape that soundman Ed Smith recorded for me.

"We Gotta Get Out of This Place" was used for the "Otterbiography" CD.

Doug graciously (?) suggested that I start the second set with a drum solo, so I did. Unfortunately, the rest of the band was too busy socializing and I got hung out to dry long after I was done soloing and ready to go into the next song. Thanks guys.

No comments: